Indexing system, handling systems & robots
ROVI is an inspection system with a rotary indexing table, which positions each individual part in front of one or several sensor units. The system has been designed for parts with complex geometries or very high inspection requirements. In addition to surface and geometrical defects, the system can also detect defects on threads.
Typical inspection tasks for a ROVI system are, for example, seals which have to be stretched or squeezed in order to find hidden fissures, or parts with specific threads, sealing areas, tooth flanks or undercuts that have to be inspected with a very high resolution or even line by line.
Technical information at a glance:
- Dimensional check and defect inspection on all surfaces (top, bottom, lateral)
- Throughput up to 1.800 parts per hour
- Optimized for part sizes from OD 15mm - 100mm
- Measuring accuracy from ± 1μm
- Sorting of inspected parts into up to 8 sorting channels
- Robust machine design and use of high-quality technical components
- Powerful multi-core processors for very high inspection speeds
- Closed design for maximum cleanliness inside the inspection system; this is a requirement for many applications in the medical packaging industry
Your advantages in daily production:
- Continuous and reliable optical inspection and sorting showing no signs of fatigue
- Documented quality including generation of the relevant process data, e.g. statistics for the entire system or individual sensor units, process data acquisition, or status exchange via OPC-UA.
- Modular system suited for a large variety of parts with different sizes, shapes, and material characteristics.
- 100% Inspection
- Highly precise measurement and surface quality check in one system, stretching and squeezing of elastic parts is possible
Glass table inspection systems from NELA are available in several – customized – versions:
Depending on the characteristics of your parts and on the inspection requirements, the ROVI system may be designed as a rotary or a linear transfer system. If needed, handling systems or robots can be added. Each part is picked up individually and is transported along or underneath the inspection sensors. In the pick-up units, the part can be rotated in all directions for a highly precise inspection from all sides. Elastic parts can be squeezed or stretched to detect hidden defects such as cracks or fissures. Sorting can be realized with paddles or air nozzles; an integration with other production equipment or packaging stations is possible upon request.
Careful handling along the entire inspection and sorting process guarantees that parts are not damaged.